Part 1 – A message from your Commodore.
I hope you are all keeping safe and well in these crazy times.
Your Committee has been working hard behind the scenes to plan for reopening, we had hoped that the latest Welsh Government guidance would allow us to move forward to phase 1 of reopening, but unfortunately this will not be possible just yet (fingers crossed for the next round of announcements expected 19-06-20)However the new guidelines announced last week, do allow us to bring in a restricted phase 0.Under phase 0 the club will remain shut with no access to the club buildings or toilets, but members who live within 5 miles, or are local as defined in the new Government guidelines https://gov.wales/guidance-changes-coronavirus-regulations-1-june , can from June 4th access their boats and sail on the lake, at their own risk (there will be no safety cover at any time)
The clubs reputation in the local community is paramount going forward, please respect this by avoiding unnecessary trips into town (you are advised to bring your own refreshments)I would also ask those that can sail from the 4th, avoid this coming weekend (unless early morning or evening) understandably local feelings are running high about the number of visitors flooding into the area at the weekends and we don’t want to get off on the wrong foot this 1st weekend.
If any one is tempted to break the rules and travel further, i would urge you please to reconsider, hopefully it will only be a few short weeks before we can move to phase 1, if members do flout the rules the Committee will have to consider locking down access again.
Fingers crossed things get back to a form of normal soon, and I look forward to seeing you all out on the water again enjoying sunny days and fair winds.
Steve Pooley – Commodore Bala SC
Part 2 – Welcoming local members back to Bala SC from 4th June 2020.
In light of the updated Welsh Government Guidance on 29/5/20, Bala Sailing Club are implementing Phase 0 of our return to boating plan. Phase 0 will allow members within a 5 mile radius to visit the club under the following policy:
- Please do not attend Bala SC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Please advise the committee if you have had to self isolate or tested positive for Covid 19 within 14 days of your visit
- You may only sail a single handed boat or a multi handed boat with members of your own household
- Please check your boat over carefully. This will probably be the first time you have sailed this season
- You must register prior to your visit by filling in this form – Click Here
- The gate will be locked on arrival. Please lock the barrier behind you on entry. It is advised you bring gloves to use whilst opening the gate and hand sanitiser. Please take any used gloves home to dispose of. Do not leave any litter at the club
- There will be no access to any club building or facilities whatsoever. Even if you have a key, please do not open any buildings
- The club water supply will be turned off. Please bring any refreshments you require with you
- Please park your vehicle at least 5 metres from another vehicle
- Please obey social distancing rules at all times
- It is strongly advised that you do not go sailing alone. Either another member of your household should be present on the beach, or arrange to sail with another boat.
- Launching boat – Please ensure you launch at a minimum distance of 5 metres from another member
- Launching trollies – Please make sure your trolley is not left in a position to prevent other members from launching
- One boat crew per jetty at any one time
- Consider the risks
- Emergency plan should you get into difficulty
- If a passer by questions what you are doing, be honest with them. Explain that you are local members of the club, the lake warden is aware of our activity and that we have policies and procedures in place
- Please do not post any details or images of your visit on social media as it may send out the wrong message or encourage people to break Welsh Government guidelines
- Persons not respecting social distancing guidelines or any other notes in this document may be asked to leave the sailing club grounds
- We are constantly reviewing this guidance; please stay alert to any changes in our guidelines