Bala Sailing Club is a seasonal club, with facilities available between 1st March & 31st October. Solely run by volunteers, the club has a close community of members overseen by a executive committee. We run Club Racing for Sailing, but also welcome different types of water sports like Windsurfing, Kayaking, PaddleBoarding, Swimming and Social Members. We have a number of social events throughout the year for members to enjoy. Members renew their subscription in January each year, for the season ahead. If you are interested in joining us at Bala SC, please take a look at the membership page.
The club lake and surroundings offer a wonderful environment for you to enjoy your sailing experience and more. The mainly South-westerly winds provide excellent sailing conditions and the well equipped clubhouse, rescue and bespoke training facilities make Bala one of the most popular sailing venues in the UK.
- The biggest stretch of inland water in Wales at 3.6 miles long by 0.7 miles wide covering 1100 acres
- Excellent hill walking, climbing, cycling, whitewater rafting and world-class facilities for golf, wind-surfing, canoeing and mountain biking. Here is a view of the lake from Aran Fawddwy:
- Camping/caravan sites and the amenities of Bala town within a short walk of the club – click here
- Many and varied local attractions including shopping, history, local industry, nature and wildlife
- An area of outstanding natural beauty and a Site of Special Scientific Interest
- Predominantly South-westerly winds make for excellent sailing conditions
- A variety of long and short courses to suit wind conditions, sailing ability and dinghy classes